One of the members of the TacComm forum posted some photos of the beginning of their Praetorian Imperial Guard army for Epic. The army uses several different models from the Dystopian Wars range for the vehicles and Baccus 6mm British Colonial figures for the troops.
Click for more photos
I took a few minutes to browse through the Spartan Games online store to see if I could come up with some reasonable proxies for the entire Guard army and here is what I found.
- Chimera : British MKII Medium Tanks
- Hellhound : British MKII Medium Tanks with added fuel tanks
- Leman Russ : French Focault R6 tank with added Battle Cannon barrel
- Demolisher : French Focault R6 tank without an added gun barrel
- Baneblade :
- Shadowsword :
- Basilisk : British Cromwell Bombards
- Bombard : Prussian B3S Bombard
- Manticore : American Yorkton Bombard
- Thunderbolt : American Freedom Class Flying Robot
- Marauder Bomber : Japanese DFA 170 Bombers
- Sentinel : oddly, probably just the standard sentinel
- Hydra : Japanese Sun Chi Ri Tank or the Russian Volochok Class Bombard when it is released
- Vulture : Pytheus Small Flyer
- Valkyrie : Ptolemy Class Bombers
The only thing missing are the SHTs. I suspect that I might go with the British Sovereign Class Land Ship and then convert it slightly for the Baneblade and the Shadowsword.
I am also tempted to use some of the Prussian Zeppelins. Either as Marauder Bombers or perhaps as Vultures.